Community Discussion Forum Generation PKU just wanting to meet some other teens like me Reply To: just wanting to meet some other teens like me

Hi Paigy, nMy name is Kenneth, Im seventeen years old with Classical PKU, and live in Wyoming. Fortunately, Im not the only person in Wyoming that has this genetic disorder. Its becoming a more occuring disorder. When I was born, my phe level was 54! At the time they were just barely finding out what PKU even was. Fortunately, I was saved and diagnosed by the greatest doctors. I live about 100 miles southeast of Yellowstone National Park, and have to go to Denver, Colorado every six months for doctor appointments. I have been having weight trouble, as I only weigh 110 pounds and can lose up to a pound and a half over night. SCARY. I have been keeping it under control. In a few months, I will be tested on the PreKUnil pills that relax the diet, so that I can eat more of what I can’t. Thats in July. I’ve been keeping in touch with the people who are making the Home Testing Device for PKU. So far, it might be out in about a year. Well, there you go…. A little about me.

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional