Community Discussion Forum Generation PKU just wanting to meet some other teens like me Reply To: just wanting to meet some other teens like me

I wasn’t exactly saying that I hate people knowing, what I was trying to get to the point is that sometimes I just don’t know how to explain. When people ask me about my PKU the reason why it’s hard from me is not really having to do with PKU just the fact that I’m not a very outspoken person and I don’t like to be put on the spot weither it has to do with PKU or anything. So basically what I’m saying is that I don’t mind people knowing it’s just that I don’t like having to answer questions just because I don’t like being the center of attention but that has nothing to do with PKU because I have never liked to be put on the spot for anything. All I was saying was that if my biology teacher had told my class about my PKU I wouldn’t be jumping up and down but that isn’t because I’m embarassed about my pku but it has more to do with the fact that I’m the type of girl who is usually queit unless I’m around good friends.

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional