PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU maternal pku Reply To: maternal pku

Karen nawn

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=16][COLOR=purple]Hi All, I am new to the site and I am delighted to read that I am not alone. I would just like to tell you my story. I am just gone 32years and 9 months ago I had my first child, a baby girl (Amelie). For years I struggled with my diet, when myself and my husband decided to have a family we made an appointment straight away with the clinic and got the ball rolling. It was tough at the beginning as my exchanges had to down around 4 to achieve the phe levels I needed to concieve. When I did conceive I sent bloods twice a week to keep track. During the first trimester I suffered from really bad morning sickness to the extent that I could not even drink water. My levels went up to 800. [FONT=Arial][SIZE=16][COLOR=purple]I ended up in hospital for two weeks on a drip. As soon as the 12 weeks passed all was good. nThe second and third trimester was great as the baby grew the more protein I could eat. By the last week I was on 26 exchanges. I gave birth to a perfect baby girl weighing 7Lbs 8oz. IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN!

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional