PKU.com Community Discussion Forum New to PKU.com pku and having chlidren Reply To: pku and having chlidren

BreaMarie91

Teresa- nHow far along was your daughter in law when she found out she was pregnant? Because depending on how long it took her to get her diet will determine what the outcome of her baby will be. I know of one women who was told because she was off diet for the first month of her pregnancy her baby would have major problems. Two years later and her little girl is a beautiful bouncing baby and has nothing wrong. Just keep faith and there is always chances that things could be better then you expected. I know how important it is to be on the PKU diet and have your blood levels where they need to be when your pregnant because even though I’m only 15 my dietian has began emphasizing how important that will be when I decide to become pregnant.
I’m praying and hoping that everything will turn out alright in the end please email me if you want at completeangel@ameritech.net and I’d be happy to talk to you more.
Breanna n15 w/CPKU

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional