PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! The Difference bewteen 8 and 3? Reply To: The Difference bewteen 8 and 3?

BreaMarie91

Me and my little sister are supposed to keep our levels between 2-6mg/dl. But anyway, back in September my levels were usually around 10-12mg/dl and since Janruary I have kept them all between 2-4! Yay!
Anyway, I’m alot less tired. I used to have alot of issues with be tired by the time lunch came and I wasn’t able to concentrate in any of my afternoon classes. Also I had absolutely no motivation, what I mean is I never wanted to do my homework/go to dance classes/hang around with my sisters/drink my formula/eat the right foods ect. Just in general I didn’t want to do anything and I just wanted to sit around and watch tv because I was to tired to do anything else.
So basically I was tired, very moody/agressive, had very low concentration, I got headaches easily and over all I was never in a good mood. But now I’m happier then ever, I don’t really get headaches anymore and I’m doing great in both school and dance classes.
Breanna n15 w/CPKU

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional