PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU Husband with PKU Reply To: Husband with PKU

BreaMarie91

David- nFor me, I just kept drinking the formula over and over again to get used to the taste. In the past if I didn’t like a formula the first time I tried it I would have given up and refused to drink it. But back in Septemeber I got a new dietitian and long story made short, since I was litertally a baby until last September I had a dietitian who basically made me miserable and made me hate PKU. But like I was saying, when I got a new dietitian I really wanted to impress her so I decided I would try to get used to the taste and so after about 2 weeks of drinking the coolers I started to actualy like them…but sometimes I still have to either eat or drink something else after I drink my formula to get rid of the after taste. With the XPhe Maxamum I liked those from the first time I tried them.
But if you really don’t like it maybe you could try the XPhe juice boxes or see what your other choices are. By the way I saw in your last post that your last level was 7.6 congrats! That is alot better then it could be! nBreanna

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional