PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Generation PKU Blood tests gone missing, and food never comes. Reply To: Blood tests gone missing, and food never comes.

sarahsmith69

In reply to gotpku. I started to do my own blood tests when it got increasing difficult to get an appointment at my local doctors surgery.I found that it was interferring with work to.I sent blood tests in and my dietician didnt have any record of my results and like yourself the lab didnt have any record.It is extremely frustrating when you are pricking your finger and taking blood and it isnt sent to the right place.The nurse at the doctors surgery did a very good job of chasing all the results up and after ringing 2 hospitals managed to get one result at least.So keep on at people some people cant be bothered looking and dont realise how important it is for you to have these results.I also think the post has alot to do with our results not getting to the correct place (there is alot of post that goes missing)not that, that is a comfort to us.

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional