PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU Consumption of Phenylalanine In Diet Reply To: Consumption of Phenylalanine In Diet

BreaMarie91

Meaghan,
I agree with you. I know that they have the pills out there and all, but even if my dietitian offered it I would turn her down. I wouldn’t want to take something only to find out it doesn’t work fully or something. Back in the past they let kids go off diet only to find out it wasn’t working, I wouldn’t want that to happen to me…if that makes sense. Besides, alot of people told if when you want to get pregnant you have to get off the pills. I think that would be basically like trying to get pregnant after being off diet and I don’t think that would be easy.
Plus, I’m fine where I am so I’m just going to leave it. That and just the smell of some meats like turkey and bacon make me absolutely nauseas and I’m not joking! A few weeks ago at my grandpa’s retirement party I hate to stay outside the whole time they cooked the turkey because otherwise I would have thrown up. nBreanna n16 w/CPKU

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional