Community Discussion Forum New to how do you get the treatment payed for Reply To: how do you get the treatment payed for

Avatar of Momofadyangel

Have you apply for state assistance? Medicaid and WIC(Woman,Infant and Child.) Most states mandate that medical insurance pay for the formula and the low protein food in some states. In my case my family income was too much for state assistance, I called a state senetor and explain my situation and PKU to him. After doing some research on his own. He was willing to help out to get us assistance, in which we have now.
Good Luck

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional