PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! psychology Reply To: psychology

BreaMarie91

This is a very interesting question. I think a lot of why people are…ignorant I guess you could say…is because of jealousy, not understand and just because everybody comes from different family backgrounds and everyone has different moral values, beliefs etc. But I’m sure there are probably other reasons aswell.
This is something that never made much sense to me when I was younger (why people tease others for being different). I really don’t have to deal with getting teased anymore, but I did a lot when I was younger.
When I was younger I didn’t really understand why the other students were mean back then, but now I can sort of understand. I think part of it might have been jealousy. I was home schooled until 4th grade and all of the other students thought it. A lot of my friends even tell me now that they think home schooled kids just sit around the house all day watching television, eating constantly and have their parents do the work for them (which of course aren

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional