PKU.com Community Discussion Forum New to PKU.com New to PKU and just want to say Hi Reply To: New to PKU and just want to say Hi

BreaMarie91

Susan,
I think that is great that your breastfeeding Lydia. My name is Breanna, I’m 16 and have Classical PKU. I have 5 sisters (one who has PKU) and a brother AND I’m happy to say my mom is expecting in late July/early August!! When I was born my mom was forced to stop breastfeeding me at 9 days, but when Erica (my sister who has PKU) was born my mom insisted she breastfed. Unfortnetally our dietitian at the time was not supportive of my mom’s decision at all, but Erica is now 9 and doing great. My mom breastfeed her until she was 9 months and then she had to stop because with weekly blood tests, my dietitian giving my mom a hard time, running a daycare etc it got to hard.
Anyway, congrats on baby Lydia and keep doing what your doing because you sound like your doing a great job! If you ever have questions feel free to ask and I’ll answer if I can and I’m sure everybody else will be happy to help too! nBre 16 CPKU

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional