PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! Other illnesses attributed to PKU Reply To: Other illnesses attributed to PKU

Roslyn

Hi all, hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a great New Year. nMy husband and I went to Brisbane to see the family for Christmas. What a wonderful time we had with our children and most of all with the Grandchildren. We all had the best time and it was great to be with our boys again, as we don’t get to see them as often as we used to, since we moved to Townsville. nThere was only one sad part of the festivities. Our grandson (with PKU) was not accommodated as well as I had thought he should have been. His mother brought him over to see us after they had had their Christmas lunch (with her family) and he and his brothers were so happy to see everyone but there wasn’t any food for him (6yo with PKU) to eat except lollies and at about 8pm he was getting a bit hungry so his mother had to make him a sandwich while the others pigged into biscuits, chips and all the other foods he can’t eat. But, he kept on smiling. He is such a happy boy even though he also has O.D.D. and A.D.D.
I get so upset when I see this and think that more thought should be taken when they go out visiting, especially on special occasions. nWell, I have had my time on my soap box. Hope you all had a wonderful day. nSee ya!

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional