Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU adults and pku Reply To: adults and pku

kerrie mac

Amanda, I wasn’t quite sure on how to get the formula, also would it be covered under insurance? Would I need my doctor give me a RX for the formula? I just now got off the phone with my doctor and he gave me my first blood test results. It’s pretty depressing. He told me that the normal is between 40 and 80 ( in what I have no idea that is all that he told me). I just have been winging my diet, and eating some rice and some pasta, and bread, Just avoiding dairy, meats. The results that he gave me was 700. I have no idea how long it takes for the blood count to drop but I only been doing this for about 2.5 weeks. I just wanted to see were it was for my insight. When I got my blood work done I was on it for about 1.5 weeks. So I have no idea how accurate it is as of now. As far as the clinic goes should I talk to my OBGYN about the clinic so they have all of my info, or should I just call them and they will automatically know what to do and where to go from there. Thanks Amanda for your help. P.S. I did check out your website but I got kinda lost and I didn’t know where to start to look up things for me. Kerrie

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional