Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU PKU and Birth Control Reply To: PKU and Birth Control

kerrie mac

Hey Amanda, Sorry to heat about all of the problems you have been having. My sugestion to you is try another bc. I happen to use the patch. I have been on this of 2 to 3 years. I have had no problems with it but you still get your period. I never got on the depo shot because of the fact of I hear people gaining a lot of weight with it,and I hear it takes a very long time for you to try to have a kid. That can also be the reason why you haven;t lost any weight. I personally have a problem with taking a pill everyday. I don’t take any other pills so I’m not in the routine. I was on the pill and I kept on forgeting to take the pill. Once I forgot to take it for 2 days. What do you do when you work out? Let me know and I will try to work out something. Back to the bc, I sugest the patch because you ware a patch for a week and you pick a day when you put a new patch on every week. I hope I gave you some good advise. Kerrie

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional