Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU going back to diet Reply To: going back to diet

Hey Everyone!
I have been off diet for the past year and a half, and last Friday (It’s Wednesday now) I went back on diet seriously.
I feel much better. Not sad, lots of energy, sleeping less, happy, no panic attacks, no obsessive thinking, clear thinking, and I’m motivated to stay on track.
I work in two nursing homes, and couldn’t keep up with the work, and couldn’t organize my time well.
I have also lost 8 lbs in the past two weeks. Partly from not eating, (too stressed and too hot), but also from going back on diet.
That happened to me in 1998 when I went back on diet. I lost 30lbs in two months from being totally off diet, to going totally on diet.
I am trying a new milk right now made by Applied Nurtition–Phenylade 60. It’s vanilla, thin texture, really good. No fat, 300 calories, and fortified.
I’m really excited about being on diet, because I notice a considerable difference in my mood and energy level.
When I was off diet, I would sleep anywhere from 9-14 hours a night, and now I sleep 6-8.
This time, I’m going to do it.

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional