Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU looking for friends with pku Reply To: looking for friends with pku

Hi Rach,
I am doing good.Getting over the flu.(Not Fun).
I have borderline,which means my body breaks down some protein,they (Drs.) just don’t know how much.
I also have the exact same gene mutation gotten off both my parents,which i guess is pretty rare.
I am allowed to eat 60 grams of protein aday just no meats,fish,chicken,and certain pastas.
Bascially all the good stuff.LOL
I am a vegan,and i do enjoy it actually.
It took me a wahile to get the hang of it again due to back in the day the Drs. didn’t realize the type of damage it would cause a patient if taken off diet at a young age. nSo thats exactly what happened to me. nMy parents took me off when i was 11 yrs old.
I went back on in 1998 to have my daughter,then went back off until October 2008. nBy then the panick attacks have been there,constant headaches,emotional breakdowns,and worst of all PKU siezures.
I don’t have any of those problems now since i put myself back on diet.
Sorry i talk alot. nSo tell me bit about yourself? nFavorite Dish?Where u live? nWhat kind of supplement are u on? nHow are you doing with your diet? nDo you work? nHow old are you? nBrothers or sisters?
Anyways talk to you later!

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional