Community Discussion Forum Parent support PKU Tool – Version 2, going mobile on the Andriod OS. Reply To: PKU Tool – Version 2, going mobile on the Andriod OS.

My company has just released its PKU Tracker application to the apple app-store. It can be downloaded via the app store worldwide and run on an ipod touch or iphone. I encourage you to check it out and please let me know if you have any feedback (via the email support email from itunes). I also encourage you to please leave some positive feedback on iTunes to help increase visibility. I expect this to be a breakthrough for all those who suffer from PKU, as it allows an easy way to look up and track this information on the go.

Please help me spread the word.

PKU Tracker – program description

Phenylketonuria (PKU) is an autosomal recessive genetic disorder characterized by a deficiency in the enzyme hepatic phenylalanine hydroxylase. This enzyme is necessary to metabolize the amino acid phenylalanine to the amino acid tyrosine.

People who suffer from PKU must very carefully track their diet to ensure they are eating foods that are low in Phenylalanine, or PHE. Until now, this tracking has been very difficult, but these days are no more, thanks to this great app!

PKU Tracker is a way to easily look up how much PHE is contained in whatever food you are eating. Not only can you look this information up, you can also maintain a log of everything you've eaten on a given day, and then view how much PHE total you have consumed.

Here are some features:

-Accurate, well researched, database containing over 4300 different food items from 25 categories and 127 subcategories

-Browse items by category, subcategory, or brand

-Search the list to find a particular item by its name or brand

-Maintain a list of your favorite items, for quick, easy log entries.

- View the amount of phe in a given item. Units are in milligrams per gram.

-Convert between mg/g to mg/ounce and mg/pound with a push of a button

-Record a new food item consumed on a given date and time to be displayed in your logs

-View your log for any given day and view a total of mG of PHE consumed and a total of exchanges consumed

-Add new items into the item database

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional