PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU Mammy To Be. Anyone else pregnant at the minute? Reply To: Mammy To Be. Anyone else pregnant at the minute?

batwoman

UPDATE!!
                 I am now 19 weeks pg. my last few levels have been high which had me worried sick…i was sticking to exactly as i was told by the dietitions but levels shot up. So the dietitions concluded that i wasn't recieving enough protein!! This diet gets more confusing everyday because my 1st rxn would be to cut the exchanges! Seemingly if there is not enough protein the body breaks down muscles and phe is released….Also i work long hours and have a very physical job so i have been trying to take it much easier. I am the 1st maternal pku wth twins in Ireland so i guess they are on a learning curve too.levels on way down now thank God…..
                 At the minute i am on 24 exchanges (had my 1st grill cheese ever last week!!!! ) ,4 lophlex, 1 phlexy10 and 5 satchets of thyrosine ! Feel like i am drinking meds all day but funny enough i like taking it as it fills me up and gives me energy.
                  I can feel fluttery mvts in my tummy from the twins moving and i love it! They are abot 18 inches long and on my last scan one of them was sucking their thumb!!

CONGRATS POLISH AND CLAIRE ON THE BIRTH OF YOUR BABIES !! hOW WONDERFUL
                      cLAIRE WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR LITTLE GIRL?

Bannie and Bermuda how are the preperations going? are your levels down? GOOD LUCK !

Thank You everyone for your kind wishes…means a lot as i feel only we pku-ers understand what its like to do this and all that goes into having a baby But as the girls said…….IT IS ALL SO WORTH IT  !!!

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional