PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU Mammy To Be. Anyone else pregnant at the minute? Reply To: Mammy To Be. Anyone else pregnant at the minute?

batwoman

Hiya Claire,

levels perfect again thank God. Lauren is a beautiful name… D little one is teething..fist in mouth…dribbles everywhwere… i remember it well wth my son! It is so exciting when that first tooth comes through…

I see you are from Dublin… I am from Offaly! I now live in Belfast ( never left after doing my degree in university of ulster ). However i attend Temple street still as i think they are the best pku clinic in the world… it was dr.Murphy who told the world that it should be diet-for -life…The usa- uk etc all took their patients off diet from age 8 or so. I have to have my samples couriered down but i think its worth it….

Nadege… BONJOUR ET CONGRATS !! It is so wonderful to be pregnant but the pku adds another dimension to it for us pku-ers! 

eat more of your pku free foods!! lots more!! to bring levels down when trying to get pg i started to eat our pasta at lunch-time and drink 1 or 2 high calorie drinks(coke or lucozade) a few times a day. hope they come down soon… also d dietition told me to try not to think about it too much as the stress can contribute to high levels too. BONNE CHANCE…………

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional