PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU Mammy To Be. Anyone else pregnant at the minute? Reply To: Mammy To Be. Anyone else pregnant at the minute?

batwoman

hi everyone…rock and roll twins(our nickname for them) are now 24 and half weeks

HEARTBROKEN…can't talk about it yet as too painfull but a fetal scan has revealed that twin 2(roll) not going to make it. A very rare disorder ( as if pku wasn't rare enough) where little one has developed cycts on his/her kidneys and cannot make urine and so due to effect on lungs and the severe lack of fluid around them means not compatible with life.

Twin 1 (rock) is developing absolutely fine ,thank God.

Both should go full term so at least i have this time with both of them.. Can't stop crying.

Sorry for this bad news but i guess just wanted to tell you…told family but not even my best friends…wanna talk normally to them about joy of carrying twins not constantly talking about how devasting it is about little roll.

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional