PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! PKU research project Reply To: PKU research project

Eugene
Participant

It seems that I have had a very wild ride with my PKU. It has never effected me since 1974 but 34 years later it got worse and started to interact with my Hypoglycemia. Now I am trying to figure out the balance between protein intake and carbs. Curretly, or I should say, monday my levels were 1600 and I expect them to be higher this comming monday. My problem is that if I have too many carbs, mostly sugar, I get EXTREMELY sick. Complex carbs are not much better but I can take it for a longer period of time. Now I know more about how PKU feels and what happens to me or my brain I should say, when my hypoglycemia and PKU interact. I have to get my levels down soon. I can't think very well right now but I have code to write for both work and my PKU Tool.

If you are intrested, you can email me at erutkofske@PKUTools.com. I am not the norm for sure. Don't know if  I would help or really mess with your expected results.

Eugene aka bad_code (www.0x0BADCODE.com)

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional