PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! dietwell for pku Reply To: dietwell for pku

I have the app and absolutely love it.  I do not find it difficult to use at all.  In fact I can often find things in it faster then I could by looking it up in the phe book.  The best part about it is that I carry my phone with me all the time (I use the iPhone) and so I don't have to ever worry about not having a ready reference when I need it.  Plus I like that I can input the foods and the program adds it all up for me – I don't have to put too much thought into it.  

My oldest daughter has an ipod and she has the app as well, and I don't think she finds it too difficult to use either, and my 12 yr old has looked stuff up on it without difficulty too.  There is a search feature that I like and you can also add foods if you find stuff that isn't in there.  There is also a section for adding recipes which I like but don't use often :)  

The only hang up is if you count exchanges (like my 12 yr old is just starting to do) then you can't use the app.  

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional