Community Discussion Forum New to Another newbie here Reply To: Another newbie here

Hi again everyone!

Time really does fly…figured I'd do a quick update since I was just bouncing around the site again and, I must admit, it was kind of fun to read what I originally wrote.

Just wanted to offer a quick update on Dominic…he is awesome.  He will be nine months later this week, and we honestly don't really think about the PKU most of the time.  We have really gotten our routine down as far as food preparation (he's dabbled with solid foods, but primarily still doing a mix of Enfamil and Phe-Free) and clinic/blood draws, and while it's kind of a hassle and there are always those random worries, it hasn't been that big of a deal yet.  Being parents for the first time have posed far more challenges and newness than PKU to this point.

I wanted to thank all of you for your responses as they were very comforting to me.  To anybody just jumping into this (either now or if you read this anytime), a healthy level of concern and worry is normal and probably best, in all honesty – but kids with PKU are still kids, and they're awesome.

I don't know how much this is interesting to anyone, but I have a youtube channel where I have posted a few videos of the lad.  You're welcome to check him out. :)

Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional