PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU 50 year old with PKU

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lucyday1

Hi to everyone I was born in 1958. I was number 7 out of 8 children. Two siblings already had PKU and were not caught in time because they knew nothing about PKU. At the time of my birth there was a test called the diaper test they did that test on me and my younger brother. My mother help pass a law that all children born in the state of Texas had to be tested for PKU. This is what she told me. My older sister Teresa, myself, and my younger brother were at this meeting. Teresa could do nothing due to the PKU and myself and my brother were playing. Anyway the law passed.

pcsp63

would you settle for a pkuer age 45 ? i haveclassical pku and am looking for friends too

Tracie_PKU

WOW, nYour mom sounds amazing.That is so great of her to get something like that passed. nMyself i was born in Warrington England on an army base in 69. nDue to the UK not knowing much about PKUers we immediatley moved to the States,and i went under the care of Dr. Koch in La.,Ca.
    To this day especially where i live they do not know anything about PKU,and that is frustrating on my part.
    I get pre-judged in alot of local hospital,and now i have been told that i need to teach this entire area about PKU.
    I am starting that just slowly.
    Take care, nTracie-PKU

btterflygal

Hi Lucy i am 49 with pku .. i was late diagnosed but i do pretty well over all .. so if you would like another friend message me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional