PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU $50K RESEARCH GRANT FOR PKU

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cook4Love

Hi Everyone,
    The National PKU Alliance is in the running for a $50,000 grant for research through the Pepsi Challenge.  The top ten ranked groups get the funding.  PKU is such a rare disorder, so it is always difficult to obtain funding for research.  This is essentially a popularity contest (hate those) – the most votes win.  We have moved from 133rd place to 80 in under two weeks, but need to kick it up for the next two weeks to get in the top 10.  Please post on your blogs, facebook and twitter.  Send annoying group e-mails to all of your family and friends and vote EVERY DAY for the next two weeks.  While there are many worthy causes, please only vote for the NPKUA (as opposed to voting for your top 10) to increase our chances.  Thanks everyone!

http://www.refresheverything.com/npkuafindacure

Brenda, mom to Molly & Founder of Cook for Love, Inc

AceMommy

Can you vote for our cause more than once??

BreaMarie91

You can vote once a day until the 31st…so three days to go.

pkuparent2

If we're in the top 100, can we get put in again for next month? I just came across this on here yesterday when I read Brenda's post….

pkuparent2

Ok, If I'm looking at this site correctly, it says that we are ranked 19 and voting closes Aug. 31….we had all of our friends, family voting the last two days, which is when we just found out about it….. So, if we get into the top 10 by the end of August do we automatically get the 50,000 or is that to put us into a draw or something for it…..We'd love to do anything we can here in little ole Prince Edward Island, Canada, but I'm just hoping someone can answer my questions before we start hounding too many more people. Thanks, Tasha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional