PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! Any advise or tip for a “starter”?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    KateGilmore
    Participant

Hey there,

Yesterday I had my first strict diet day for a while and I found it very difficult.

My goal in general is to get down my blood levels under 10 (the last one was 19mg… that's so bad!) AND not to get too much calories, since I don't want to gain weight again.

But it was so frustrating yesterday. Do you have any advise or tips for me? 

I accidentally  had a cappuccino because it came to me only after ordering that it would not be such a good idea because of the milk  And during we were out, I thought of ordering something to eat all the time…   altough I had a (good!) low phe dinner! 

Well for the first day it was okay, but it was such a struggle. Maybe you went through the same, I appreciate every comment :))) 

Enjoy the weekend!

Bye
    Kate

Anonymous

There are soooo many good recipes for lo-pro yummies on the internet! I just tried these last year at camp (and have been recommending them to everyone!) cheetos! Cook lo-pro pasta, let it dry and then fry it and season with Cambrooke Shake 'n' Cheese, taco seasoning mix, or get creative! At camp we were coming up with all sorts of different things you could put on these chips. They're awesome! 

Ordering out is hard… especially if you're tired of baked potatoes and salads. ^_^ Have you ever tried vegetable sushi? I think it's pretty awesome. I've even ordered the California rolls and taken the crab out!

A lot of places that have capuccinos also have smoothies. Maybe you can order a smoothie without any dairy products…. I've been to TCBY's that'll do that! Hope this helps!

Have a great week!

Millie, 18, CPKU

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional