PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Generation PKU Anyone from England?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

I currently live in Nottingham….WOOOOO…BOOOOOO. I’m hopefully moving to Spain in 2 years time once I have my joiners/carpenter’s course passed.

BreaMarie91

I’m from Wisconsin Usa soo….

Anonymous

i am 4rom newcastle how old r u ?

hyperphesami

Hey I’m from Georgia,Usa

nattie

Hi I am from Birmingham UK and I have just gone back on my PKU ‘special diet’.
    Love to hear from other people, British or beyond and how they have coped with PKU.

belzie

I live in Bimingham in Englang too!

nope from usa thanks heather

nattie

Message for BELZIE. nWhen I was younger I had a trail period when i was on the phlexy 10 tablets. I think I only had to take 60 a day. I prefer taking the tablets because then I know that i have all the formula. When I was younger I had the Aminogram substitute and that was vile. If I didn’t mix it properly there were lumps at the bottem which made me heave.
    I am now taking the PKU Cooler which is so much better. It still has a yakky taste but it is better than the other stuff I tried. If I could choose I would probably go back on the tablets!!!
    How are you getting on with the tablets? Is 85 a day a bit much. Are they still the size of mini submarines (well they weren’t that big but they were bigger than the average size tablet)

BreaMarie91

Nattie you drink PKU coolers? Which kind? I just started drinking those, I drink both the purple and orange plus then I take phenex chews, if I don’t drink any coolers I’m supposed to have 100 chews.

gotpku1992

a) i love pku coolers, they taste nasty, but they are quick and easy!
    b) i was born in London but moved to California when i was 9
    c) i have classical PKU and i HATE it!

BreaMarie91

Lol, I have to agree with you on that, I don’t think they make any formula that taste super good. The only thing I dont like about the coolers is they leave like a vitamin taste in your mouth but like you said their quick and easy so I just take them anyway. Although I don’t really mind having PKU as much as I did when I was younger, it used to bug the heck out of me but now I really don’t care…it’s just life and I deal with it. nBreanna

nattie

Breanna, I take the purple cooler. I tried the orange one but it wasn’t for me. They still have a yakky taste but they are quick and easy to take. I take one in the morning as soon as I get up, one at lunchtime and then one before i go to bed. I always have to clean my teeth after I have taken them because of the taste it leaves behind. nWouldn’t it be lovely if they could invent a tablet or tablets so we only had to take them rather than these drinks!!
    What are the phenex chews. I have never heard of them. Are they nice? Do they come in different flavours? Would you recommend them?
    I am willing to try anything new

BreaMarie91

The Phenex chews are like little tablets that look like tums. They come in chocolate mint and lemon lime (I didn’t try the lemon lime). They are actually pretty good but it’s like with most foods, if you eat a super lot of it you start to get sick of it which is why I have to eat them here and there. n25 chews=10g of protien and I need 40g of protien so if I were to take just those I’d have to have 100 but I tried to do that and I couldn’t so I take 2 coolers instead and 38 chews. I would say if anyone is looking to try other formulas and stuff then try these their actually pretty good…well I think atleast.
    Oh and I take both the orange and purple coolers nBreanna

GotPKU

do you take the chews at lunch? or the coolers?

BreaMarie91

Usually I take the coolers to lunch just because it takes alittle longer to eat the chews, which is about the only bad part about them. I eat the chews usually when I’m doing homework and stuff like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional