PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! Anyone going to Dallas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Emsilly24

Hey everyone!

I've been thinking about attending the NPKUA conference in Dallas in January, and if I did go I would probably be on my own so I'd like to know, is anyone else going?  I've actually never been to a PKU conference before so I'm really hoping I am able to attend!

Emily

BreaMarie91

Hi Emily!

You should definitely go! I am pretty sure Katie Maguire will be there, and if everything goes according to plan I will be there with my older brother (non PKU).

I have gone to the Winter Splash PKU conference in Sheboygan, Wisconsin and the Culinary Cooking conference in Denver, Colorado. They were both very fun and very informative.

Hope to see you there!

Breanna

katiemag16
    Participant

Emily,

I will be there.  I went last year for the first time, and it was amazing!  I highly recommend you go.  I also met Breanna in Denver.  You will meet many other people of all ages.  I most likely will be there on my own too… don't let that hold you back!! :)

Emsilly24

I've decided that I will definitely be attending- I have registered and I'm all set to go!  I hope to meet lots of you there!

katiemag16
    Participant

Looking forward to meet you too!   It should be a fun weekend.

sarahl
    Participant

Can someone tell me what this conference is about and where to find details? This is the first I've heard of it.

hlr26

i will be there too!!! lorsar: http://npkua.org/index.php/conference-update you should go! I am excited to get to meet some of you there! :  ) Keep in touch, I am definitely looking forward! 

BreaMarie91

If you would like more information for the High Hopes Conference go to npkua.org, and there is a link that says High Hopes Inaugural Conference. It is in Dallas, Texas on January 15th-17, and it sounds very promising!

Breanna 18 CPKU

Anonymous

My husband and I will be attending for our daughter who has PKU.

Cook4Love

Looking forward to going to the conference.  See you all there!

Brenda

jb19635757

my grand daughter and I will be attending dallas in jan, hoping to learn a bunch and hoping she can meet others with pku!! She does not know yet I am taking her so she will be excited!

BreaMarie91

How old is your granddaughter? I am sure she will have a blast at the conference!

jb19635757

My granddaughter Keely is 11, I am telling her at x-mas we are going!

katiemag16
    Participant

What a great Christmas present!  She will love it.  See you there!

BreaMarie91

I am sure she will have loads of fun! I wish I could have brought my eleven year old sister who also has PKU, but my parents didn't want her flying all the way to Texas without them. Oh well maybe when she gets a little bit older we can have tons of fun going to PKU events together :).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional