PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU Anyone had NeoPhe or Prekunil??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Patrick5678
    Participant

Hi

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has taken NeoPhe powder/tabs or Prekunil and learn about their experiences. Was your phe level reduced considerably? Can you eat more natural protein on this treatment such as normal bread, pasta etc.. Have you experienced any unwanted side effects? How easily can the treatment be obtained?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Patrick

medina2009
    Participant

H heared that every one who takes prekunil, he has the ability to eat so many things such as meat, egg, . . .

I think it is a good situation, because in this kind of treatment, high phe is not bad for body. this tab prevent from brain damage.

cheysmom
    Participant

I have had the phe block is this the same?

Patrick5678
    Participant

Both are large neutral amino acid treatments but NeoPhe is the latest in preventing phe to the brain I've been told.

Where are you both from? I have classical pku and not on any treatment apart from taking PKU Express supplement.

medina2009
    Participant

I am from Iran, and everything I told, was about the articles I've read in internet and I havent any experience about these kind of treatment. I just explore to have the knowledge for the future of my 3 year-old son diagnosed with pku.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional