PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! Anyone told they have Celiac Disease? As well?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tracie_PKU

Hi there i am Tracie i have written on a couple of different subjects , and just wanted to know if anyone has Celiac Disease? nAllergic to wheat. My Dr. is having me tested now for that.
    I was just curious.
    I am a rare case like all of us.
    I am allowed to eat 60 grams of protein a day just non through any type of meat product.
    I am borderline PKU with a very rare mutation.
    I am new to this siht and would love to talk to anyone. nWe are all in the same boat nWe just learn to live with it.
    Take care, nTracie

BreaMarie91

I don’t have celiac disease, but I have a friend who has a gluten allergy. From what she says it’s not as severe as the actual disease but she has to stay away from anything with gluten/wheat. Her sister who is a few years younger then us has celiac disease, but I won’t lie I don’t know a whole lot about it. I probably know just about as much as my friend knows about my PKU

Tracie_PKU

Thank you so much for just getting back to me.You are very knowledgable and seem very well informed of your CPKU. nYour Parents must be so proud. nTalk to me anytime i am on here everyday all day. Just looking for extra support.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional