PKU.com Community Discussion Forum New to PKU.com anyone with pku babies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

hello i have a 5 month old son with pku i just wanted to talk to some other mothers with babies.
    heather

HappyMom

Hi Heather,
    I have a 9 month old son, Easton, with Classic PKU. We live in Wisconsin.
    Sarah

BreaMarie91

Hi Sarah I was just wondering around where do you live in Wisconsin? Because me and my sister live in Franklin (it’s around Milwaukee). nBreanna

HappyMom

Well right now we live in Alma. It is on the Wisconsin-Minnesota border. But we are in the process moving to Sheboygan. It’s north of Milwaukee about an hour. What a great idea to move in December!

Hey sarah ! How old are you just wandering.

amymatthew

Hi i have a son with pku he is 1 years old and im 21

HappyMom

Hi Heather, nSorry I didn’t see your question earlier.
    I’m 29. Easton will be two this February.
    Sarah

SammysMom

I’m 26 and I have a two year old Classic PKU daughter. Actually, her birthday is this Sunday… yeah PKU birthday party! *L*

KristiKon

Hey…
    I have a 9 month old CPKU baby named Ashley. She has a non-pku sister, Hailey who is 2.5, and I am 29. We live in Florida and would love to chat anytime.
    –Kristi

dayna79

My name is Dayna, and I have a son, Denver that is 5 months old with CPKU. Things have started to get a little more difficult since we are now giving him baby food. Also, he is starting to teeth. Any ideas for teething cookies or biscuits?
    Lastly, does anyone else work outside the home? I work 40 miles from my home and don’t get home until between 5 and 6 pm.

Momofadyangel
    Participant

I live on Aztec, New Mexico. my third child Ady is 9 months and classic PKU. I stay home both of the younger kids have special needs. I don’t trust anyone with Ady’s diet. We are having this workshop on March to teach people how to handle it in case of emergency.

BreaMarie91

Is this workshop something your putting together or your state/clinic? I’m just wondering because I think it sounds cool, either way have fun with it and I hope everybody whose there learns a bunch!

Momofadyangel
    Participant

my husband and I put it together for those in our community who wants to take care of Adysen.

BreaMarie91

That’s cool! I hope it went well! Growing up my grandma was my main babysitter.

KalebsMamma

I have A 7 month Old Son With PKU. We are From Washington

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional