PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Parent support best formula for one year old baby ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    medina2009
    Participant

my son is now 9 month old. he uses comida A . when he becomes annual , we should change his formula . what is

the best kind of formula after one year ? maxima is better or comida B ?

Cook4Love

I did not want you to think everyone was ignoring your question, but we use different formulas in the US so I cannot offer any input.  What does his nutritionist say is best?

medina2009
    Participant

thank you for you reply . his dietitian said us you can choose maxima or comida B .

BreaMarie91

I would love to offer some advice, but unfortunately like Brenda I am from the US and we use different formulas. You might want to ask your dietitian to explain the differences, pros, and cons of each formula. Then base your decision off of that.

As for how MUCH formula he should be drinking that varies from person to person (I figured I would answer this here rather than sending you another message). What one infant drinks could be different from what another infant drinks, because one might be able to eat more protein than the other. As much as I would love to help you that is a question that only his dietitian can answer, because she knows his medical history better such has how much protein he can eat and what his levels have been like.

I hope this helps.

medina2009
    Participant

ok , thank you very much .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional