Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mary Caite
    Participant

Almost everyone agrees that camps are fun… they help you with your diet and keep your phe levels low. When i went to camp in georgia and maryland i made a lot of friends and that boosted my confidence to staying on my diet. i made a lot of friends that i keep in touch with like sammi…nicole…and even people with MSUD… if you have any stories from camp that u want to share then go ahead i would love to hear about them oh yeah and HI SAMMI!!! lol its mary caite from new york from emory university metabolic camp! lol

BreaMarie91

I haven’t gone to any camps yet, but I’m hoping that I can this year! I think in the past my mom was kind of consider how I’d do at camp because I used to be an extremely queit person towards people I didn’t know, plus I wasn’t really good with the diet (I wasn’t bad either). But lately my levels have all been atleast under 7 since like November and I might be going to camp this summer, so I’m just hoping! nBreanna

Mary Caite
    Participant

cool, well if your looking for camps theres one in atlanta georgia its called emory university metabolic camp. its for people with PKU and MSUD. that camp is really good it brought my phe levels down by 7. and there are a LOT of really good foods there. every day for breakfast lunch and dinner you get low protein foods and every one of them are amazing. and usually we go on a trip. the last time we went to the aquarium. all of the people at this camp are fun to be around, even the counselors they also give you binders that have all the recipes that they make for meals, a chart so you can count your phes, and it also has a little book that says how many phes are in some foods.

BreaMarie91

Cool sounds fun, I’ll ask my mom!

hyperphesami

Who is talking about emory cause went there last year and it was awesome!!!! This is Samantha, or Sami May by the way!!!!! I was just wondering who that was(not Breamarie) the other one!!!

Mary Caite
    Participant

hey sammi its mary caite… from emory ….REMEMBER elizabeth went home so i stayed in ur bunk. lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional