PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU Cinco De Mayo – Let the Low Protein Fiesta Begin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Cook4Love
    Just in case you were trying to figure out what low protein dish to serve to celebrate, there is a recipe for tacos, mushroom fajitas (one of my favorites), vegetarian chili and mexican rice on Cook for Love’s website.  If your phe tolerance in higher, you can make mexican brown rice to help get more fiber into your diet. 

Molly is on an anti-mushroom kick after Granny took her to an organic mushroom farm.  After seeing what they grew in, she swore off of them .  Thanks Granny!  The tacos are even more delicious with butternut squash — just replace the mushrooms with an equal amount of small diced butternut squash.  When it softens mash it with a fork or potato masher — looks A LOT like refried beans, and the taste is delicious!

We make soft tortillas with Taste Connections Mix (thanks Malathy!) and also have a hard taco.  Serve with salsa, avocado, daiya cheese shreds, lettuce and a bit of sour cream if your phe allowance permits. 

Brenda
    http://www.cookforlove.org

PS MTE frozen margarhitas are quite tasty!  (No, I do not give them to Molly with the tequila — Rosie and I are not sharing the good stuff!)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional