PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Parent support Difficulty Feeding babies formula???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tanpolito

Hello,
    I am a mother of a toddler and infant who both have no interest in drinking their bottles. We’ve tried different bottles, sippy cups, warm, cold formula, etc. and I am curious if anyone else has experienced the same thing?

nbswope1

Hi my name is Brianna and I have a three year old that loves her “milk” but my 17 month old hates it. it is a fight everyday. right now we are trying different kinds and it seems that after trying a different kind he takes the old one better. but we have tried everything and end up not letting him drink anything but water until he drinks his milk. it is hard and we just keep trying to do new things. have you tryed a reward chart yet? well hope it gets better and if you come across anything that works please post it because we go through the same fight every day thanks

tanpolito

Hello, nWith my older daughter we switched to a vanilla flavoured formula which worked a little better and my youngest immediately just started with the vanilla…I am beginning to think that their tummies just don’t want the average amount of formula babies take. Not all babies are the same, and mine seem to thrive on very little. It is a struggle though, when you are told that they have to drink a certain amount???

HappyMom

Hi, nYou could try switching to a different brand of formula. My son is now 2 1/2 years old and loves his formula. We put it on his cold cereal or even a regular cup. He is on the Mead-Johnson brand called Phenyl-free. We tried another brand call Phenex but Easton hated it and spit it up all the time as an infant.
    Sarah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional