PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Parent support Doing a walk to raise funds for my sons PKU clinic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TucksMommy

I am participating in a 5k walk to raise money for my sons children’s hospital where he goes to clinic at. This hospital is so amazing! He has been there several times already because of his PKU for short to very long stays and they have always been very supportive and comforting. They treat families, not just patients. I need sponsors to raise the money for the walk, my husband and I have donated $50, but that is the most we can do right now because formula is so expensive. I have noticed how much the PKU mommies and families stick together and I am hoping that some of you will be kind and sponsor my walk – any amount would be so appreciated, from $1 to $100 or more. Any amount you can donate to my walk would help kids with PKU and also children that are suffering from other diseases like the one that our children endure. The deadline is 10/18/08 for me to have the sponsorships.

To sponsor me:
    go online to http://www.CHOCwalk.org amd click on “Get Involved”. Then you click on “sponsor a walker” and my registrant name is of course “TucksMommy”.

If you sponsor my walk I want to thank you from the bottom of heart, I feel so helpless with my sons PKU and I just feel that with this walk I can do something to help!! I will be walking with my 3-month old Tuck (PKUer) and my 3-year old son Colton (non PKUer) and I have had shirts made that says “PKU – phenylketonuria awareness” They are bright yellow so they will be seen!! If you cannot sponsor my walk I understand and I still want to thank you for taking the time to read this and hear me out. Thank you guys either way!!

Deadline 10/18/08

TucksMommy

Please, if you can, sponsor my walk I have just sponsored another $50 for my 3-year old to walk now, and he told me he is happy because he can help his “brudder’s speciaw stuff” it’s so cute!! Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional