PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Generation PKU FOOD NETWORK and PKU

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cook4Love

n

Hi Everyone,

I have been sending e-mails for years to various chefs at Food Network to try to get them interested in helping the PKU community.  I even semi-stalk a few of them via e-mail (no restraining orders filed yet).  I recently found out that one of Bobby Flay's shows (Grill It) was accepting applications to appear on Season 3 of the show.  In the application, I wrote about PKU and how much it would mean to our community to have Bobby Flay, the grilling guru, help make a delicious low protein meal that everyone would enjoy.  I had to submit a 3 minute video with me making the meal.  Rosie filmed me making a fool out of myself with Molly's flip camera (thanks Rosie!).  

I am in the running to be a guest on the show, but need your help.  The video is on foodnetwork's site now (the link is below).  Final decisions are being made by next week.  If we can get the video as one of the highest ranked and most viewed, I think there is a good chance Cook for Love can be a part of Season 3.  I am pretty good at adapting low protein recipes, but can you imagine what these culinary icons would be able to produce with a little bit of help? 

Please view my video (Southwestern Portabella Burger with Spicy Grilled Cassava Salad), pass the link on to as many people as you know.  This is an amazing opportunity to promote awareness of PKU.n

Thanks for your help!

Brenda Winiarski
    Founder of Cook for Love, Inc.
    http://www.cookforlove.org  

BreaMarie91

I've passed this link onto everyone that I know on Facebook, and I really hope that you are picked for Bobby Flay's show. This is such a great opportunity. Good luck Brenda!

Breanna Hardy 18 CPKU

sailuchakri

Dear Gracie, Hope everything is well and fine..I need some help from your side. As I already informed you that My friends daughter who is of 5 years age is suffering from PKU, she needs diet to be controlled. I'm unable to find a good dietcian or nutritionist to guide me and give a good diet.

I request you to please help me in finding a good dietician or nutritionist or give me the food list which contains low protien diet

It can be very helpful

with regards

Sailendra
    sailuchakri

Dear friends
    , Hope everything is well and fine..I need some help from your side. As I already informed you that My friends daughter who is of 5 years age is suffering from PKU, she needs diet to be controlled. I'm unable to find a good dietcian or nutritionist to guide me and give a good diet.n

I request you to please help me in finding a good dietician or nutritionist or give me the food list which contains low protien diet

It can be very helpful

with regards

Sailendra
    Cook4Love

Sorry guys — we did not make Season 3 of Grill It with Bobby Flay, but there is always next year.  I will have the southwestern portabella burger, jicama slaw and spicy cassava salad on Cook for Love's website in a few weeks.

Thanks so much for your support!
    Brenda

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional