PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Parent support Free Samples

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HappyMom

Hi all,
    I went to PKU Culinary Expo in Minnesota last month. A student from a culinary college had an internship at the University of Minnesota and as her project she put on a cooking demonstration for the PKU families. The food was great! Also the culinary college, Johnson&Wales University, puts on a big Network PKU Conference. It’s all about food. There was info about that on http://www.medicalfood.com. nSarah from Applied Nutrition was at the Culinary Expo in Minneapolis. Sarah and Brea, you may have met her in Sheboygan. Anyway, Applied Nutrition has some new baking mixes out. They are suger cookie, yellow cake mix, and blueberry muffins. I tried all three and they were very good. I was one the website today (www.dietforlife.com) and they are giving out free samples. Thought everyone would like to know. I like free stuff!
    Sarah

BreaMarie91

Hi Sarah!
    I hope everything is going good with you and your family! If your refering to Sarah Foster, then yep I’ve met her before! I’ve tried some of the things you mentioned. We got free samples of both the cake and the blueberry muffins (but I think I might of tried the muffins in Sheboygan too).
    I’m glad to hear you guys had a good time and tried some good foods! Not much is going on with my family. The only real new news is that we did blood tests on Sunday and I’m officially going to PKU camp this summer. nTake care! nBreanna

HappyMom

PKU camp? What do you learn there? Are there activities? I’m glad to hear you’re doing well. Easton’s well. He’s 15 months old now and is running around the house. He loves trucks and riding on the lawn tractor.
    Sarah

BreaMarie91

Yeah there are activities there…I’ve never gone yet so I won’t know much until I get there. The one I’m going to is a Maternal PKU camp for girls who are in their teen years but I know there are other family camps…but I’m just not positive where they are.
    Aw, he’s walking?! He wasn’t walking back in February was he? Well it’s great to hear you guys are doing good!
    Breanna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional