PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU Getting Formula While on Vacation in Another Country

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

My friend will be visiting me here in Canada from Wales for 4 months. How does he get his formula while he is here. It is too much to bring with him. Can he bring a prescription with him, or will he have to get one from a doctor here? Is there a from or prescription that his doctor can send to my pharmacist here? I hope someone who has been in  a similar situation can help. Thanks.

jakesmom

Check with the airline they are travelling with, they may be able to bring it as excess cargo/baggage. Some airlines don't charge for this as it is medically required, others do charge)

We are considering shipping by mail what Jacob requires before we travel out west. Granted, we are staying in the country as of this point.

I work for an airline, so althought its not something we have actually done yet, its always on my mind. I am somewhat limited, as we travel standby, and cant really bring additional luggage. Plus, too often I have seen misdirected baggage which scares me when it comes to formula!!

Good luck :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional