PKU.com Community Discussion Forum What’s the Phe? Home blood testing kit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    mayrogers13

Hey, I was just wondering what the home testing kit that people use was called and what company makes it. Thanks a lot, Meaghan Young; CPKU; 20 years old

BreaMarie91

Hey Meaghan,
    If I am correct Biomarin is working on creating the blood testing kit. It is not on the market yet, and it is still in the early stages of developement.

catcocoa

Hi everyone this question is for bera do you have anymore info on the blood kits for pku.. When they do come out I want to get one.

Thank you.

Catcocoa.

catcocoa

Hi everyone this question is for bera do you have anymore info on the blood kits for pku.. When they do come out I want to get one.

Thank you.

Catcocoa.

Patrick5678
    Participant

I am too very interested in this. I recently contacted Biomarin on how things are developing with the analyzer and they told me it should be available some time next year. This seems promising.

I am really looking forward to purchasing the home kit for pku when they are available. Does anybody know when? All I know is early 2011. Has there been any news?

Emsilly24

We spoke about this a bit at the NPKUA conference in Dallas this past January.  Biomarin has one in development that will function very similarly to the home devices diabetics use to check their blood sugar.  They did not provide very specific details but they said they hoped to have it out in spring of 2011.  So as this year passes stay tuned, hopefully there will be more specific info coming soon!

Patrick5678
    Participant

Thats right. I can remember them saying that in the info I was sent. This would mean such a better control over phe levels. The best thing about it is that you get live readings after eaten something and so much more convenient in terms of cost etc..

Patrick5678
    Participant

I was wondering has anyone a confirmed date as to when the home phe device will available to buy in the UK?

Patrick5678
    Participant

The Latest Update from Biomarin regarding this is as follows:

Good news- the home kit should be ready for clearance at the end of 2011 not in the Spring as originally suggested.

A very nice Christmas present therefore!

coupmaker

Thank you, Patrick5678

Could you share the exact formal source of your news?

Kelly99
    Participant

I am really looking forward to purchasing the home kit for  pku when they are available.

cz my niece is in countryside ,it takes 2 hours to go to hospital in city ,it's very inconveinent.

In China , we have to waiting for the report in 2 weeks !!!

jakesmom

I am anxious too.

We wait about a week, for the mail to deliver it to the hospital. The hospital runs the test once a week, on Wednesdays. So if the mail arrives late, we wait a little longer.

I am not a very patient person, I want immediate results :) 

Patrick5678
    Participant

Well, just contacted Biomarin again and was told Biomarin in UK don't know when this will become available.

I'm still waiting to hear from US regarding this. If anyone knows how things are progressing with this please reply to me. Thanks.

Nicole1982

Aw Patrick…Thats rubbish, i really would like to invest in one, seems to be taking forever…Keep us updated x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional