PKU.com Community Discussion Forum That’s PKU life! i hate being pku

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

i hate being pku none of my mates no wat its like not being able to eat wat u want help me i hate this

BreaMarie91

Aww I know what you mean. PKU can be a pain at times and I’ve done my share of sneaking foods I shouldn’t when I was younger and let me tell you it is alot better idea to eat only what you should. When I don’t eat what I should I get horrible headaches.
    It does suck when your out with your friends and can’t eat what they’re eatting. Last time I went out with a few friends they wanted to get dippin dot ice cream and my one friend forgot about my pku and I wasn’t too happy, but for the most part my friends try to make sure that there is something for me if we eat, the same with their parents.

Anonymous

i used to sneek food aswell i realy want to meet someone pku

BreaMarie91

Yeah same here, it’d be nice to live near someone else my age with PKU. But most kids who have pku here live atleast a 2 hour drive away.

Anonymous

i no its horrible how old r u andware do u live

Anonymous

i no wat u mean about pku but do u eva just want to eat a big cake or ice-cream i no i do and i no i shouldnot but i still sneek food i have been taking food 4 a long time old habbits die hard how can i stop and say no to people who offer me choclate it hard help

BreaMarie91

To answer ur 1st question I’m 15 and from Wisonsin, usa.
    And second of all I used to have alot of trouble with sneaking food too and then I always got horrible headachs afterwords. Let me tell you I’ve meet a few adults who were off diet for a few years and it is so not worth it…it’s just easier to stay on.
    It’s been so long that I’ve had this kind of a problem and even when I did it sort of went away in time. Do you ever get like any sort of low protien foods like from cambrooke or baked goods or stuff? because sometimes it helps to have some kind of food that is lower in phe that you like so you can have that instead…

Anonymous

i have the pku bread that i quite like but i dont really like enything elce but starting today i am goin to try not to sneek food with some help 4rom my mates

BreaMarie91

Kool!
    Yeah I think the worst I got was in 7th grade when I went into middle school and they started having so much more foods at school like chips, cookies, poptarts ect. You know things we can have but VERY little of it. And it go to the point where in like october of 7th grade I just actually told my friends not to offer me food anymore and to not let me get extra things that I don’t need like Chips. And when you’ve got your friends telling you not to do something it’s seems to be harder to ignore what they say, unlike your parents telling you not to and you just blow em off.

Anonymous

yer i no u just want to egnore your mum or dad or enyone elce in your family dont u ? we have got lods of biskits in the house and i realy want one but i am not goin to get one this is gona be hard but i can do it cant i ? do u take the cooler tablits maxamade maxamum wat??

BreaMarie91

No actually I take Vitaflow PKUcooler express and Phenex chocolate tablets. And of course you can do it, it just going to take alittle bit of trying…well actually alot of trying.

angelbabe

i hate being pku because its too irritating to tell my friends about it so every time i go to a friends house i end up cheating so far in the past 10 days ive cheated at least six times a day.

BreaMarie91

Yeah, I don’t really go to friends house and stuff as much as my other friends not only because some of my friends are just not very thoughtful of my Pku but also because I do dance like 5 days a week…plus since I have 5 sisters and a brother it’s hard to even guarentee I’ll have a ride to dance.

angelbabe

i dont do dance but i am in cheerleading at school so half the time i call my mom and she has to bring me something to eat most of the time she brings mcdonalds but there has only been one time where she brought me something from home. its so hard to stay on diet when there are so many other things you can try out there in the world that i just get a little carried away sometimes and eat what im not supposed to be eating. what i need is a friend that actually has pku and knows what im going through because then i could tell them exactly how im feeling because my diet is so hard that i hide my feelings from my mom. on friday i cheated with tacos and it wasnt even the taco my mom was mad about it was the meat and the cheese in the taco that she was mad about.so what i need is a friend that lives close and also has pku so that my mom wont worry so much when i go to a friends house. and the day that that happens i will be happy

BreaMarie91

Kool, that you do cheerleading I mean. I always wanted to do cheerleading but I do tap, jazz, ballet, pointe plus I help with a 1st grade dance class my sister teaches (Amber is 18 non-pku) and I also help with my other sister’s class (Erica is 7 PKU), so basically I’m way to busy for that. nBreanna

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional