Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    amanda2910

hi im new to this site and my name is amanda and im wondering if anyone could give me advice about how long i have to keep my level down before we can try for a baby. amanda

pollysmith

Hi im polly im planning to have a baby and im doing that for three months to see if i can hold it for that long. How long have you been planning for then? id lv to talk more. lv to here from you.

timcogdill

Be very careful to consult your doctor. As a CPKU female it is very importnat to keep you levels under control well before “getting pregnant”.
    As the father of four young children of which one (my 3 year old) has CPKU, I followed up on this since my wife and I were going to have another baby and we wanted to know what the fourth child would face if born a girl with CPKU.
    My wife and I are both carriers and thus we had a 25% chance of having another baby with CPKU – fortunately we had our fourth child (now 7 months old) and HE did not have PKU – unfortunately HE was not a girl – but we love him anyway
    TC – Father of “West” w/ CPKU

amanda2910

hi polly i have been trying to get my blood down since last may i went back on my diet. how long have u been on it for? love to hear from u soon

Anonymous

i recently attened a MPKU night at my clinic.. (maternal PKU) i was told that u should keep ur levels below 6 months prior to trying to concieve then throughout the pregnancy. i was also told once u become pregnat that u may need to have blood tests as much as 3 times a week. and u will have regular altrosounds and other testing.. they will keep a close eye on u and will beable to detect any troubles early on!
    hope that was of any help!!

Tracie_PKU

Hi Amanda, ni know its alittle late,but i had 2 keep mine down for at least 2 months.(Before conception) nHowever i am sure its different for everyone.
    I am borderline PKU,and i think that made a big difference.
    I do have a healthy 10 yr.old w/no health problems.
    Good Luck.
    I know u can do it.
    Best Wishes, nTracie-PKU

lois_uk

Hi i have just joined the website today, i am from england and have no clue how this works. o have had PKU since i was born and would like to chat to other people to see how they manage their diets.

Tracie_PKU

Hi Lois, nMy name is Tracie,and i too have PKU.
    I was born in the UK.Manchester England,but my parents moved to the states when they found out i was PKU.
    Welcome to the site.If you have any questions feel free to ask.Plus BreaMarie is a young lady on this site who is very knowledgable,and could probably answer alot better than i.
    Once agin WELCOME!
    Talk to you soon, nTracie-PKU

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional