PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Parent support Is rocker harmful for pku babies ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    medina2009
    Participant

one dietition in IRAN said to us that don't put your pku babies in the rocker , because their backbone may hurt .

He beleaves that because the pku babies don't eat sufficient protein , their bones may form posterior . and rocker is

so dangerouse instrument for these babies .

BreaMarie91

Do you mean like a baby bouncing chair? I have never heard anything such as this. My mom used baby rocking chairs for all 9 of her children including me and my two sisters who have PKU. We have never had any issues because of it.

Also what this dietitian told you about your baby not getting enough protein is technically not true. Although we do not eat protein from natural sources such as meat, dairy, grains, and so on we do get protein from our formula. If you look on the label of your babies formula it actually contains quite a bit of protein BUT it does NOT contain phenylalanine (which is the amino acid people with PKU cannot have). Our formulas contain all (or most) of the amino acids that make up protein except phenylalanine.

Your son will be fine in his baby rocking chair! I'm not sure why this dietitian told you this.

medina2009
    Participant

thanks alot Breamarie . my baby is used to embarase . and when I put him in the rocker , at least he is calm for 15

minutes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional