PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU lo pro foods ???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cmw1226

where does everyone get there lo pro food at. Also how expensive it.  I been on my forumla but wanted to get back on the diet and was wondering where to get the lo pro food, prices and if insurance covers it..

Nicole1982

Hi There x

Well, i stay in Scotland UK. and i get my low protein foods on prescription, and we get it free even though we are employed.

I think this varies though depending where you live x best person to talk with is either your dietician or ur consultant x

The foods are sooooo much better and sooo advance than a few years ago which makes the diet sooo much easier to control x

Hope you find out how to get your low protein foods x :-) x

Nicole x

cmw1226

thank you so much for replying to my message i really apperciate it!!

Carly : )

cutiepie1589

I completely know what you're going through. I used to get my low protein foods from cambrooke foods  at cambrookefoods.com It is expensive if your insurance wont cover it. I am trying to find out if my insurance will cover it as well, it would be so much easier to get on diet if I could get those foods.

~Beth

bok

just do your diet exact its ben here nice to meet you, new to this, but i had a bad accident with my diet ten yrs ago a week off 22 went to hospital and didnt what was wrong lost use of lower legs and couldnt walk or remember anything

and its all because my protein shake wasnt complete.let me know how you go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional