PKU.com Community Discussion Forum New to PKU.com Looking for resources in California

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ginarc

Looking for people in California who can help with information and Support with PKU. My niece was just diagnosed and would like as much info as possible. I would also love to hear from parents and the best tips we could possibly get. Thanks….

Anonymous

Hi, my name is Jessica, i live in california. my daughter has PKU. maybe i can try and answer some questions, what would u like to know?

BreaMarie91

Hi I’m a teen and like your niece I have PKU. Just like Jessica said if there are any questions I can answer for you I would be happy to help in anyway! nBre 16 CPKU

BreaMarie91

Hi I’m a teen and like your niece I have PKU. Just like Jessica said if there are any questions I can answer for you I would be happy to help in anyway! nBre 16 CPKU

Tracie_PKU

Hi Ginarc, nLet me give you some info. nGrew up in CA with PKU. nContact Childrens Hospital of LA. nThey have programs to fully cover her until the age of 18 yrs old.
    Its called CCS,then when she hits 18 yrs old tell her to get on GHPP.Genticly Handicaps Person Program.
    Believe me its worth it. nHere is the contact # for Childrens Hosp. of La. CA. n4650 Sunset Blvd.
    la. ca,90027 n323-953-8116
    I hope i was some help to you.
    I will send you a friend req. if you have anymore questions.
    If you get into a PKU study through Childrens neverything will be free.
    IE: Drs. apt,blood drawn,formulas,and food.
    Take care, nTracie-PKU

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional