PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Adults and PKU Low Protein Valentine's Dinner that will make you swoon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cook4Love
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that there are a bunch of new recipes on Cook for Love, including a delicious Valentine's Day Dinner — Butternut Squash Ravioli with Butter Sage Sauce.  Valentine's Day would not be complete without chocolate and the whoopie pie is absolutely amazing.  There are also recipes for Pierogi, Roasted Spicy Fries, lp-Cheese Its, and Biscotti.

In the interest of full disclosure I am trying to lure you to the site because we are also having a Valentine Day Fundrive.  We will be hitting you up for a $10 donation when you go on to the site.  (Pretty clever of us, right?)

Not only are we looking for your $10, but we are also looking for you two cents (I know we are relentless!).  For those of you that have been on our site already, we want your feedback to make sure we are heading in the right direction.  Our follow-up survey is only a few questions and it will guide us toward future plans.  There is a link on the homepage of the site, but I will also include one in this e-mail.  Your input is very valuable to us, so please take a moment to complete our survey.  FOLLOW-UP SURVEY

Finally, I am so happy to announce that Hunter Rametta, a licensed, registered dietician who also has PKU is going to start the nutritional analysis of the recipes on Cook for Love's site.  This was made possible thanks to the money that has been donated by all of you.  (I told you I would put your money to good use!) Hunter is an incredible young woman who is passionate about educating and sharing ideas on how to make the PKU diet healthy and delicious.  She has a great blog that has recipes, ideas and nutritional facts, called PHElosophy  that you should check out.

Hope your Valentine's day is filled with love and a little whoopie (pie)  ;0)

Happy Cooking!

Brenda Winiarski

Founder of Cook for Love, Inc.

Cook4Love

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Hope it is filled with Puppy Love!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional