PKU.com Community Discussion Forum Parent support milk support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fightpku

I know this is to much but is there a way to get mead johnson to support infants with pku, we exhausted our efforts to find milk in the philippines but we are not able to find even a single can, my child is even given a phenex 2 milk even she is only a month and the worst is that the milk is expire for a month, this is our biggest worry she is given that program juz to control her phe level pls help us.

BreaMarie91

I’m not really understanding your question 100% but I know you said something about the formula being expired, I would still give it to your daughter. I’ve asked my dietitian before and she said that aslong as it isn’t like 3-4 months expired it should be okay. nBreanna

jennijen

Are you living in the philippines? You might try writing to the March of Dimes in the US. They may be able to help you, and even if they cannot give you the formula they would probably be able to point you in the right direction. Best of Luck!

lorrie

Hi, I have some phe free formula called xp analog that I can send to you (it is for babies with pku ), if you email me I can arrange to send it to you. I dont know if this is helpful but it is made in the UK by shs international their website is lowproteinliving.co.uk and it is also exported to australia from the uk. it may be useful to contact them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional