Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello Everyone,
    I am a new to the site, my daughter is already 1 year old almost. Im just looking for a recipe for a first birthday cake for her to dig into, and any other recipes you have or tips would be great thanks! nStephanie

kdeemcbell

Okay, hopefully I’m not too late to get you a recipe. Luckily, that is another family in my town with a CPKU daughter and they gave me a copy of their recipe. We actually made it into cupcakes. I have frozen them and when we go to friends’ birthday parties, I decorate on for my daughter to take. She’s 18 mo, by the way.
    nPKU Birthday Cake
    1 C (110 g) Wel-Plan Baking mix n1/2 C (55 g) wheat starch n1/2 C (48 g) sifted Softasilk cake flour n3/4 C granulated sugar n1 tsp baking powder n1/2 tsp salt n2/3 c water n1 drop yellow food coloring (optional) n1/3 C vegetable oil n1/2 tsp vanilla
    Preheat oven to 350.
    Stir dry ingredients. Mix water, food coloring, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to mixer. Mix on medium for 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into greased 8″ pan or 12 2 1/2″ diameter muffin cups.
    Bake: pan-20 minutes Cupcakes-30-35 minutes
    Phe (mg) p/recipe 196, p/cupcake 16, nProtien p/recipe 4/4, p cupcake 0.4
    You may find a better one off the internet. I am not sure where exactly this one came from, but we’ve used it often.
    Hope you child has a happy birthday.

Ya, nThanks a lot.Her parties on the 6th of Oct. So thanks a lot!

mayrogers13

for future reference, many companies now have premade mixes that you add water too and bake!

kdeemcbell

I actually tried a recipe from Cambrooke’s this past weekend. I used their “Quick Mix” recipe and made cupcakes. It literally took me five minutes of prep time, which was great, but I didn’t know that they tasted as well. The quick mix did look more like regular cake and the consistency was similar to regular cake. You might try them out and see which one you like better. Cambrooke’s, though very expensive in my view, has good ideas and recipes.

BreaMarie91

I just thought I would add that me and my sister love the Cambrooke MixQuick. Except we use it for making pancakes and pizza. We originally only got the MixQuick to make pancakes but one day my brother (he’s 17) was experimenting and made pizza with it and now that’s the only pizza we like. We just add water and that’s it. nBreanna 16 CPKU

HappyMom

Hi Brea, nWhat’s the recipe for the pizza and pancakes you guys like using the MixQuick? nBy the way, did I ever tell you we live is Sheboygan now?
    Sarah

BreaMarie91

For the pancakes we just use a cup of Mixquick and a cup of water. I usually mash up a banana and mix it in there to make banana pancakes but you could put anything in there. And the pizza is basically the same. I don’t actually know the recipe for the pizza since my brother is the one who makes it. I know he just uses Mixquick, water, pizza sauce and then any toppings we want but I don’t know how much he uses.
    Nope you didn’t tell me you moved but that’s cool! Where did you live before again? nBreanna

HappyMom

We lived on the other side of the state before. Right on the Minnesota/Wisconsin border. nThanks for the food tip.
    Sarah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional