PKU.com Community Discussion Forum New to PKU.com new to pku.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rach_08

[/COLOR][/FONT]hi my name is Rachael, i’m 27 years old, im from australia, i have pku, i don’t know anyone that has pku. im not very good at my diet i have trouble counting protein im the only one in my family that has pku so i feel like im the only one all the time i keep my pku a secret from everyone i meet unless they are friends of mine.

BreaMarie91

Hi Rachel, my name’s Breanna and I’m 17. I have 6 sisters and a brother, two of my sisters have PKU. If you ever want to talk I’m alwyas around. nBre

Rach_08

Hi breanna! im shocked that someone replyed so soon as i have never been on a forum before! i have 3 brothers and no sisters but i do have a sister inlaw and a niece her name is chloe she is 7 months she dosn’t have pku.

lexie52

hi,okay I new at this. Im alexis and i just turned 15 in june but i have Pku ive lived with it sicen i was born so..but im the only one out of my whole family that has it. i have two brothers and a sister but none of them have it. i dont tell people i have pku even if i sleep over at friends house. its hard for me but if you need to talk im here for you. even if your borad im still here(always)

Rach_08

hi alexis, how are you going? i just read your profile that’s pretty cool, when i was at school i was in the lowest class their was. so where are you from? im from brisbane australia. don’t your friends ask questions about why you eat diferantly at sleep overs?

BreaMarie91

Hey guys, I’m from the US (Wisconsin to be exact). What are you guys up to? I’m bored out of my mind

Rach_08

hey breanna
    how have you been? ive been great! i was wondering if you have a myspace page?

BreaMarie91

Hey Rachael yeah I have a myspace. My page is myspace.com/breezehardy

becmel43
    Participant

hello everyone my name is melissa im 25 years old i dont have pku but i have 3 boy timothy 8 yr brett jr 7 yr and skyler whos almost 3years old who all have pku i love to chat we live in owensboro ky drop a line any time

Hi Rachael, nGot any Recipes for me please!

ljordan4879

hi there-my name is laura, i’m 29, born in indiana, just moved to north carolina 2 weeks ago-i have pku, have all my life-just wanted to start taking better care of myself, so looking for some friends, anywhere that can empathize….send me a message, or add me as a friend

Meagen

Hello everyone! I am a mother of 5. I have 3 (almost 4) yo twins, one of which has PKU. I had no idea that somewhere like this existed! I am glad to be here and will be reading tons! I simply got online to see if she could have egg whites and found this site. Hopefully I can be of some help to someone too. Glad to be here

Tracie_PKU

Hi There my name is Tracie and i am PKU. n39 yrs old and have a beautiful healthy 10 yr old girl.She is not PKU.
    I am just looking to be able to talk to others who of course has the same problem.
    I am married of 14 yrs. and planning a second child. nSomedays i feel so alone.
    I live in a community of 1100 people, and majority of that are kids. nMy husband trys to understand , but how can you really if you do not have it.
    It is a struggle from day to day. nEspecially when iam a recovering Anorexic as well.
    I cry alot, but in private so no one in my family sees it. nAnyone wanna talk i am here everyday…. nTake care and hope to talk to someone soon….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional