PKU.com Community Discussion Forum New to PKU.com new to site and have some questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Angee8

Hi my name is Angie and i am new to this site, i am 30 years old and i was on the PKU diet when i was a baby but i as taken off it when i was about 5 as the doctors said i didnt need it, but i would have to go back on it when i wanted to have children.
    Well im about to  get maried and my future husband and i want to start a family straight away as we arnt getting any younger, i was just wondering if anyone has any advised for me as i have been told what the diet is like but i dont remember actually being on it, also i have been reading other peoples blogs and there has been some mention of insurance covering some food costs, i was just wondering what kind of insurance is that, is it like health cover or something.
    Any advice or feedback anyone could give me would be great as im just at the first stages of organising to start this diet.

clenk

I would suggest going to see your doctor first then getting a referral to a clinic and start with a blood test. Everyone's diet is different and some need lots of formula and others just can do it with the diet changes. Once diagnosed and evaluated you'll have a better clue as to where to start. 

Does this mean you've been eating meat?dairy? grains? all this time? were you diagnosed cpku?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Quick Poll
Which of the following best describes you?
Parent/caregiver of an infant with PKU
Parent/caregiver of a child with PKU
Teenager with PKU
Adult with PKU
Grandparent of a child with PKU
Know someone with PKU
Healthcare professional